Ford Agnew Group Use Area
Ford-Agnew Group Use Area
Located on Highway 833 in the core area of the battlefield, the Ford-Agnew group use area, is a primitive campground and meeting site. Several acres of large trees provide shade and firewood is available along with access to water. It is available for both day and overnight use by Scout Troops and other organizations with permission from the Center Director. Reservation packets are available at the Mississippi Last Stands Interpretive Center at 607 Grisham Street, Baldwyn. A $25 user fee will be collected at the center upon arrival. The site is located on hallowed ground and all guests are expected to return the camping area to the condition in which it was found. No damage should be made to trees and all fire sites must be covered. Garbage should be removed when the site is vacated. The site is named for the family who settled this area in the 1850’s and whose descendants shared the ground with the Brice’s Crossroads National Battlefield Commission, the present owner.